Tuesday, 22 October 2013

We've made a decision

Since the last post we've had two viewings on the house, neither of them are takers and we have another one on Thursday - so fingers crossed - and toes.

Mr A Right is finishing work on 20th December and we've made a decision that regardless of whether the house is let or not we are going to be off by 22nd December, hopefully to visit Connor (Iain's son) in Cheddar and then moving on to Folkestone to stay with family for Christmas (we're taking our own bed of course, and parking it outside) and then we will be near to the ferry to get across to France probably boxing day or the day after (depending on the weather). The plan is to get to Spain for the new year!!!! The delay doesn't really matter as it just means that we will come back later.

Don't know where we'll be spending our wedding anniversary this year but I expect it will be warmer than here - unless we're still on Dover docks waiting for storms to abate.

It would be nice if we could get the house let before we go but hey - If we are not working then it doesn't make much difference where we are, it won't cost a lot more to travel so we'll just have to pay the mortgage with our savings!!!! We'll just have to leave it ready to be let so that we don't have to come back too soon.

Of course there's only one problem with a plan - 

The minute it starts, it starts to go wrong - 

That quote is from Mr Right who if you don't know, happens to have spent the last 15 years as a planning manager.

So as of today, only 60 days to wait - unless you know better!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment